Our U.S.-Made Steel Mushroom Mooring with counterweight
For one hundred forty years, harbormasters have relied on using a mushroom anchor for a permanent mooring. We sell U.S. made all steel mushroom moorings. Carbon steel has the property of bending rather than breaking and allows 100% welded construction.In addition they have the advantage of being counter weighting, a more aggressive biting edge,and a larger bell diameter that greatly improves holding power. The weighted head also boasts a larger eye insuring longer-life and the shaft will stay on the bottom keeping the chain from wrapping around it.
We have found that our anchors provide more holding power than a Pyramid and up to 25 percent more than a traditional cast iron mushroom.One of our anchors properly set will have a holding power of about 10 times the weight.
Mooring eye on a 300lb mushroom being inspected after 6 years in water shows no sign of wear.
Once you compare the choice is U.S.-Made Steel Mushrooms.
Because of the size / weight of these products – online ordering is not available.
Please contact us for ordering information.
- 25lb,50lb,75lb,100lb Suitable for boats to 15 ft.
- 150lb,200lb,250lb Suitable for boats in the 15-25ft range. Also in 2001 a New short shank 150lb for shallow water.
- 300lb,350lb,400lb,500lb Suitable for boats in the 25-35ft range
- 600lb,800lb,1000lb and 2000lb for 40ft plus
- 50lb Our Price $100.00
- 75lb Our Price $150.00
- 100lb Our Price $200.00
- 150lb Our Price $300.00 short or reg. shank
- 200lb Our Price $400.00
- 250lb Our Price $500.00
- 300lb Our Price $600.00
- 350lb Our Price $700.00
- 400lb Our Price $800.00
- 500lb Our Price $1000.00
- 600lb Our Price $1200.00
- 800lb Our Price $1600.00
- 1000lb Our Price $2000.00
- 1500lb Our Price $3000.00